Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/09: May God Have Mercy On Us All


What a fantastic day this has been! September 9th, 2009! Don’t you know what that is, people? 9/9/09! THAT’S ALL NINES! Oh. Except for that zero in there. But you’re missing the point. Exciting things are happening on this day. Events worthy of a Nostradamus prediction. Like, uh… well for one thing, “The Beatles Rock Band” came out today! That’s going to be pretty cool! And are you ready for this? A new movie opened today too. Care to guess what it’s called? “9!” That’s right, people. A movie called “9” on 9/9/09! What are the odds?

What is with the number nine? Does it look good on a marquee or something? This year we are having no fewer than four movies with 9 in the title. The musical “Nine,” the animated apocalyptic film “9,” the fantastic sci-fi film “District 9,” and even an independent claymated film from Australia called “$9.99.” That one gives you three 9’s for the price of one! The movies “9” and “Nine” alone are sure to cause at least a bit of confusion later on. I picture a group of screaming eight year olds complaining that they wanted to see an exciting adventure cartoon and instead they have to listen to Nicole Kidman sing. Hell, that might make ME scream and complain too.

I just don’t remember this much hubbub last year on 8/8/08. What’s that, good friend in my living room as I type this? What did you say? Oh. According to my friend Matt and others in the Internet community, 8/8/08 WAS a big deal last year. As was 7/7/07. Apparently they are considered lucky days and are popular for weddings and good days to do a lot gambling on.

So what is my point? Bah. I don’t know. I was really reaching here. I thought it could stretch this into a longer article. So my apologies, friends. I haven’t updated much of anything on this site or others in the last few weeks. I’ve been very busy working tech on a show for the New York Musical Festival (NYMF. Cute, right?). It’s called “Max Understood” and I have many stories to tell about it. But those will have to be saved for another day. In the meantime, enjoy the remaining hours of 9/9/09, with a classic segment from Schoolhouse Rock. Goodnight, friends.

-Johnny Pomatto




No comments:

Post a Comment